Monday 10 October 2011

Personalities

A split personality is when a person can be two different personalities at one time. On occasion they can appear nice, helpful, a good friend or even a good lover and without warning they could become selfish, arrogant and cruel. They flip back and forth between the two personalities.


I went to take a career test due to my personality. Well, same situation again. I got 2 distinct personalities. It's alright if anyone have 2 or more personalities but when it comes to 2 distinct personalities, it's really hard to identify what field I have to choose. Even the counselor got shocked and terrified and she said, why so hard? Haha. She asked me to come back after 6 months time. She said it's normal if the people like age of mine having 2 personalities, but I'm urging to find out who really I am and where I belongs to. The counselor said, after STPM, I should sit and calm myself, asking myself deeply, who am I. I think I asked myself for many times, ended up with no answer. *Knocking, hello, anyone inside? Lol. I'm urging, I really want to know. I'm like crazy doing research and information on split personalities and I think the definition I've found above is just same when comes to my situation. But split personalities redirects as dissociative identity disorder, which the symptoms is nothing related to my situation. Another thing I've found: Dissociative identity disorder (previously known as multiple personality disorder) is a fairly common effect of severe trauma during early childhood, usually extreme, repetitive physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse. People suffering from such disorders indulge in daydreaming or get lost in the moment while working on a project. It is a severe form of dissociation, a mental process, which produces a lack of connection in a person's thoughts, memories, feelings, actions, or sense of identity. Dissociative identity disorder is thought to stem from trauma experienced by the person with the disorder. The dissociative aspect is thought to be a coping mechanism -- the person literally dissociates himself from a situation or experience that's too violent, traumatic, or painful to assimilate with his conscious self. I think it is quite true as I had trauma in my childhood. It's nothing related to STPM. 42 days to go. But I really want to know who exactly I am. I shall look into the mirror and start to ask myself everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment